is it just me or do i have postpartum

my daughter is 2 months old now but ever since she has been born i am really touchy and get up set and mad fast like today my hudband works 40+ hours a week i have a 4yer old boy and 2 dogs well he has had to work 11am to 9 pm so i have to do everything well latley my son has been horible like throwing thinges ect.. you get the point with that but we use propane were we live so i have to make sue my house is spot less because the come in and do checks well my dogs decided to get in the garbage and drag it frome one end to the other we were out of corse at my inlaws eating dinner and so i have a cranky 2 month old and a 4year old who is acting like he is help less and now i have all that to clean up befor tomarrow and my husband tells me make sure you have it done befor i get home and i am not kidding i am streed out because i do every thing all he does it go to work and come home and watch tv so please someone please help

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• It sounds to me as though it is likely PPD. Anyone with a new baby feels tired, and feeling tired makes it very hard to deal when upsetting things happen. You need some time off. An evening a week, maybe, or during the morning on Saturday, something. See if you can arrange it with your husband. If you can get a sitter you trust, a date night with your husband might help, if you can't get a sitter, then a walk around the neighborhood during some time that your husband isn't at work. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I don't think you have post partum depression, I think you're just overwhelmed and stretched thin... Sometimes men don't seem to realize that even though you're "home all the time", you're not exactly sitting around doing nothing. I think you just need to sit your husband down and tell him that he's going to have to start helping out a bit. Just because he leaves the house to work, doesn't mean he works harder than you...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I wouldnt say postpartume but maybe that your just overwhelmed with everything. Which I can understand and from the sounds of your situation I would be overwhelmed to. But you just need to take your time and find atleast a little bit of your patience and sooner or later you will get things done. Try hard to not worry about all the little things such as keeping the house spotless clean..... just make sure it picked up. As far as your 4 yr old it sounds like to me that maybe hes just seeking attention.. so maybe when the baby is asleep play a game, read a book, do a activity with him and maybe that will tame his attention seeking things that he does. And maybe ask your DH to help out around the house and that you would greatly appreciate any type of help that he will give. Its always hard after having a new baby no matter if its your 1st or 6th... it just takes time to transition. Just keep your head up!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 4:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009