How can i buy gifts this year..

How can i afford it all?? for my Mom, dad,brother and my hubby? Money is very low..I don't want anyone disappointed.

blondy227

Asked by blondy227 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• I made an agreement with bf that we wouldnt buy for eachother this year. Its all about dd and something for our parents. Im getting my mom and her bf a gf to outback and something small for her and the same for my dad and his wife. Ill prob spend 150 in all for the 4 of them. A def reduciton from past years
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• a small scrapbook for your mom is nice and def inexpensive. You just need to time and patience to do it. For your dad Id get a travel mug or something with his name on it. Go to Things Remembered in the mall. Youll find useful, inexpensive gifts there. Pictures/videos are always nice and meaningful too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Have a very small budget for everyone and focus on the deeper meaning of Christmas. Family time, love, Jesus, giving things other than material goods. Take your family to a homeless shelter to help serve a meal ON Christmas day. Have them make cards or some other cheap craft and give them to nursing home residents. Start a food drive in your neighborhood and have your kids pass out flyers and help collect and take to your local food bank. Focus on giving instead of recieving.

Your budget for each person can be anywhere from $5 to $50 or more depending on how much money you have. No one should ever feel bad for spending less at Christmastime. Use this as a great learning tool for the whole family.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009