Anybody have any funny Thanksgiving stories to share?

Like did your first attempt to roast the turkey go horribly wrong? I remember seeing on AFV once, a lady left the giblets inside because she thought it was stuffing for the turkey! She proudly proclaimed that the turkey came with it's own stuffing! Then I was reading about the turkey hotlines and the calls they get. One woman cleaned her bird with clorox and was asking how to get it off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Last Thanksgiving we were in California at my stepmoms mothers house. There had to be at least 5 ppl I didnt know. Well we were eating dinner and my 1yo was eating and starting farting so loud at the table!! LOL We were dying laughing. But the funny thing was that some of them started acting like it wasnt going on! hhAHAHAHAH
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• A few years ago we had bought a new stove. My roommate was making her infamous sweet potato cassarole for her daughter and had placed the marshmallows on top. WOW the house was smelling SO good with the turkey and trimmings!

All of a sudden we smelled something burning........I said,"The marshmallows!"

She opens the oven door to see a bunch of flames on top of the marshmallows! She gets a bit of water and splashes the top of it! She had placed it too close, on the top rack!

The marshmellows were so burnt and hard, it created a hard topping! All she had to do was drain the water off! It was too funny! It did not mess it up at all. She just put marshmallows on top and microwaved a few that way!

But the smell was horrible we had to open the windows and it was so cold out that year, it still did not help with the smell!

Ahhhh the memories of giving of thanks day past! LOL
    Anonymous