I am so scared os losing him...

I didnt have this fear with my dd...
I am scared I am gonna lose my baby. I just had him 2 weeks ago. I am constantly checking his breathing. I even find myself crying because I am so scared.
I have no clue why i feel this way. I know everyone fears losing a child but this is getting rediculos. I cant enjoy these moments because of the fear. What can i do to help the fear? Anyone experince this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you have a baby monitor? perhaps you could get a bassinet and have the baby sleep in your room for a while?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well...you're not all that unusual, actually. "Watching baby breathe" has got to be the #1 new mom pastime.

If this fear is paralyzing you, then talk to the doc about post partum depression.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• yeah I had this feeling too I felt the need to have him sleep with me because I was really peranoid about his breathing I found it to be the easiest to just sleep with him and have him by my side 24/7 but if it really concerns you take him to his doc and get everything checked out to see if he is healthy if he is then that should help you a little on your worrying it did me and now he s a year old now :) good luck to you mama just hang in there and things should work out for you dont worry too much k enjoy him while he is a baby :)
    chrystal389

Answer by chrystal389 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i feel the same way. i drive myself crazy. right now for me its swine flu. i have nightmares & shit, im so afraid im going to catch swine flu @ my college & give it to my son & hes going to die. its driving me crazy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Talk to your doctor/OB ASAP - it could be a sign of PPD to be that bad about it.
    Anonymous

• First, take all the above advice and assure yourself that you are doing all that can be reasonably done to insure your baby is safe and happy.
    That said what you are feeling is probably only your hormones readjusting themselves, a touch of the same thing which causes post-partum depression. Recognize this and remember that it will likely be all right in a few weeks. Discuss your anxiety with your doctor, engage your support system, talk to friends and family.
    Just because you didn't experience this sort of anxiety with your first child doesn't mean there's anything wrong with this child. Every pregnancy, and your body's reaction to it is different.
    Red1967

Answer by Red1967 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Talk with your doctor and see if you possibly have some sort of post partum anxiety or depression. Both can lead to an irrational fear of losing your child. If you do infact have one of those then you can get on medication to prevent these thoughts. Do not let it go on any longer, talk with your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009