Does Enfamil Gentlease really work for gas & fussyness??

I supplement with Enfamil Lipil (started with Enfamil Premium Lipil in the NICU) but have noticed that my lil guy is very gassy & will fuss a lot. I was looking at different formulas & noticed the Enfamil Gentlease is for fussy & gassy babies...but does it really work??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the Gentlease as soon as I found out My daughter was gassy, at about 8 weeks. It most certainly did work for her. When my husband was laid-off, though, I switched to the store brand. It was the store brand comparable to Gentlease. It worked just as well at about six dollars less for the large can. (powdered)
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 5:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I don't know anything about that formula, I just wanted to say that Playtex Ventaire Advanced bottles are great at reducing gas.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I used a similar type (but the Target brand, since it was cheaper), and I did notice a difference... It's already partially broken down, making it easier for them to digest. It's worth a shot!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• For some babies yes, for some babies no. The only way to know is to try. Some babies get fussy and upset no matter WHAT formula you put them on. Others can take anything you give them.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked wonders for my youngest child! He was like a whole new baby within 2 bottles of it!
    Anonymous

• We used the playtex liner bottles and the nestle godostart dha and ara that worked amazingly for my daughters gas. Similac and Enfamil made her worse and sick
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• we switched to the playtex liner bottles as well and it really helped. EG didn't work for us but AR lipil did.
    Anonymous