when to poddytrain

ok I have a 1 year old son and someone told me the best time to poddytrain him is when he starts to take his diaper off so what do you all think when did you guys start to poddy train your kids?? and how would I go about doing it? thank you guys :)

chrystal389

Asked by chrystal389 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got mine a kid toilet when he turned two because he started staying dry at night and during naps and wanted to pee like daddy. He moved to a child seat in the grown up toilet not long after that (used the kid toilet for a step stool). But it was his choice and he knew what he wanted.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I potty trained when they were capable of understanding what it is we are expecting of them. For my kids that was closer to three. If we waited until they removed their diaper, my 5 year old would still be in diapers. They never tried.

Can he tell you when he has to go potty?
    Can he sit on the potty and pee or poop?
    Does he know what the potty is for?
    Anonymous

• It's potty, not poddy. And 1 year is a little early, especially for a boy.
    Anonymous

• At the age of 2 is when you should start because they will have all the skills they require to be potty trained as for the one year old thing that is a load of crap ...lol umm at the age of 2 everything is developed so that they can hold it for longer periods of time and also they should have the verbal skills they need in order to be potty trained you can always google it and find out more info on this that is what I did ...I am going to start with my little girl at 2 so I know for sure she will be able to do it. I hope this helps you (:
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2009