if i had a misscarriage then why are my levels still rising?

i started cramping and bleeding thurs went to the ER and they said i had a hemorage n pregnancy....sent me home ...sunday i was so weak i kept getting dizzy and almost passing out. my stomache and back hurt sooo bad....i went back to the ER...they said i was miscarrying and that i would need some pain meds and to rest for a week...basically like bed rest...why if i lost the baby did my hcg levels go up from thurs to sunday? they said it didnt go up enough? i am still cramping and bleeding....my pain meds help...but are way to strong for me so i take half of them to keep from getting so drowsy...i have two other children i have to tend to...when i am up on my feet for more than a few minutes it seems like i bleed alot more...did i really lose the baby? i dont understand. my SO is sooo heartbroke. he cries evverynight and asks me why...he thinks its his fault. he said he didnt take good care of me. he was wonderful. idk..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I miscarried back at the beginning of the year. My levels were rising but not doubling like they should. The levels begin to drop off once your body begins to reject the baby. I am sorry I did not know how to word that. I am sorry for what you are going through.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Okay, this is a longshot but it has happened.....if you are pregnant with twins it is possible to miscarry one and carry the other. It's rare, but there are cases. The other thing is, the doctor may have caught you in the beginning of a misscarriage and it's going to take awhile for it to pass. I would go back to the doctor either way, or get a second opinion. It could be dangerous.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Same here.... My levels were rising, but they weren't doubling like they should. When that happens, it's a pretty good indication something is wrong. Combined with your bleeding, I'd say you are indeed having a miscarriage, I'm sorry :(
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i knew some one who had miscarried one twin but carried the other to term...it is just hard...i think i am jsut hoping i still am even though i know i am in the process of losing the baby...and there is nothing i can do about it...i just dont understand what happened...i mean i understand...but i dont know what caused it...
    Anonymous

• You know sometimes its a blessing in disquise...If there was something wrong with the baby then the body knew that and did what it thought was right...I know that sometimes we as humans dont understand why we have to go thru these kind of losses but it may have been something that needed to happen. You cant do anything about it at this point. Just put your faith in God and hopefully soon you may be expecting again? Good Luck, and you are in my prayers!
    Anonymous

• ty so much anon 39.....i have def clung to the Lord during this time..i lst my father less than four weeks ago to a sudden heartattack...not this....so i am having a hard time with it,...but i know it was for a reason...but it still hurts...
    Anonymous

• your still miscarrying sadly. i went through this. from monday to friday your levels should literally triple. mine went up 20 in 5 days. i've gone through what youre dealing with 2 times now and it never gets easier. you need to see your OB. the first time it happened to me, i was given a D&C (horrible!~!!) 2nd time i was given two shots of methotrexate to kill the cells off and within 6 weeks my levels were at 0. go see your OB about what you're still going through. the ER isn't going to do as much. they'll do a D&C first and you dont want the recovery from that!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009