due january 6th-2010 but originally given december 15th

hello all,

When i first went to the obgyn i was told i was 8 weeks then when i went to my obgyn i was told only 5 weeks. I had a first dd of december 15th 2009 and it didnt get changed to january til about 28 weeks. The lady doing the ultrasound told me i was only 28 at the time not 33 like i was origionally told. My doctor said no one can change the dd wich i know, but to this day they still use the dd of january.... I am still unsure of the exact date of my last period so who knows..... any thoughts?

mommy2b1610

Asked by mommy2b1610 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's a pretty big gap...do you know the LMP within a week?

Answer by gdiamante at 5:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You just have to wait and see. Whatever size your uterus is is usually the number of weeks. I was given a date of Jan 10 and had dd Dec18.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• With my son my first due date was March 25th by my period, and the ultrasound was April 16th. 3 weeks different. He was born March 16th. He was healthy as ever, came out crying, topped the oxygen machines, and was breastfeeding within minutes of being born. All of these are things they said he probably would NOT do because he was "early" I never thought he would wait until april, I had a perfect period, so I went by that. Its their machine that was an estimate. My doctor told me "pretend like you had a period in July." lol I switched doctors, and still had him in March. She was a loony toon. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• To be fair, LucasMama, I really *was* due on April 18th and my son wad born on March 16th doing all of those things... They thought my dates were off, he was so healthy for 35 weeks! I'm sure yours really was due in march and your doctor was a loon... just funny the dates nearly matching up, I had to point it out! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• lol I understand that, babies at 35 weeks usually are just as healthy as a full term baby. I guess I just wanted her to know its possible to fudge your dates, also that either way the baby will more than likely be just fine. What really bothered me was when I was in labor they told me all of these "most preemies will and wont do" list. like breathe and eat. I was freaked out for no good reason. But I guess someone has to tell you just in case. I suppose I'll never know if my son was born at 35 weeks or 38.. I just always assumed he was 38.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You can have a blood test, if doctor wants you to, that gives a more exact due date. With my son my due date was the 18th and he was born the following month on the 5th. My late pregnancy ultrasounds kept in sync with the 18th. My other two kids were a week early each before my due date.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• When your baby is ready to be born, it puts out a chemical that tells your body to go into labor. Don't worry about the due date. I know waiting is hard, but look at it this way--it's the only time left when you carry the baby hands free! LOL
    janey-

Answer by janey- at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009