my ? is..is there anyone else who was born premature and has health problems because of it?

i was born at 24 weeks 26 yrs ago. im just wondering if there is anyone else who was born premature and has health problems because of it. i also am a twin but my twin died at 4 mth gestation.

destiny4ever

Asked by destiny4ever at 5:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• My cousin was born in the 20wk era too. She was also a twin and her twin only lived a day or two. She has had several back surgeries, and I believe she suffers seizures also. She is an adult with children now,. and functioning well.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My husband is 50 so health care wasn't nearly as good with premies as it is now. He was born at 30 weeks, weighed 3 pounds 10 oz. He has had health issues all his life. Mostly respiratory problems, he's asthmatic. He is dislexic, but has 2 bachelors degrees. He generally is far more prone to illnesses than others. He is a fairly small man, 5'8" 160lbs. He also has neurologic issues, similiar to MS but we aren't sure if there is a connection between his childhood struggles and this.
    He has 2 brothers and 1 sister, all of them were premies. He was the biggest of them. The only one with health issues is his younger sister who is 42. She also has the respiratory problems and other general health problems. She is also very small to this day, under 5 foot and barely 100lbs.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009