What is your story? good time or bad... Please read and share....(repost)

What is your story? good time or bad... Please read and share..

i have noticed alot on here today there have been alot of bashing of others. so it being close to thanksgiving...can we take a moment to share our stories of success or hard times...to reflect...and share how we feel at this time of the year...please post anon so no one can judge anyone...this is cafe mom..we should support each other..not bash..thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP here. i am a single mother of two...(due to a divorce) i left because he was abusive cheated and refused to stop his drug use. my children are 2 and 5. we left almost 2 years ago. it has been hard but i am thankful for the new man in my life. he has helped me keep my sanity the past few months. this past month alone. i have lost my father. my car broke down. i had to drop some of my college courses because after my dad passed. i had a hard time doing anything with out bursting into tears. i also had a friend commit suicide. this week my SO and lost a baby to miscarriage. which i am still on meds for. i am thankful for my kids. the roof over my head..and the food in our tummies. i am thankful for my job. while it doesnt have the best of pay. i am thankful to have a job in these hard times. I hope at this time of year everyone tries to show compassion for others. because just maybe they are hurting and feel alone.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for this question/comment!

I am 22 and have a 1 year old baby boy, I have been married for 2 years, we have been through some really hard things that I wasn't sure how we were going to make it through. But God always gets us though the struggles no matter what God is alway thier for us and taking care of us! I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who works so hard 12-16 hours a day most days...He never complains! I know if it was me no one would want to be around me! And I'm so thankful for my little boy who is just a blessing everyday and shows me that "little things" are so important! And it doesn't take much to be truly happy!
    Anonymous

• I am newly 25 (11/23) and my life is a big tangle of messy happiness. I have been married for almost 4 years and we have a son that is just getting to that "terrible two's" stage. I work 35 hours a week and my husband can't find work so is going back to school. The company he worked for "fired" their entire management team within a week! He worked there for 3 years and now that reference is gone. Without that, is has been tough to find anything, so school was the logical choice. Our 87 chevy celebrity is now SO LOUD that it hurts my ears to drive to work, the windshield is cracked into a lowercase "y" and the tie rods are going bad. We have no money to fix or buy another so if we need to take our son anywhere, we call my parents, which is hard to swallow sometimes. All that being said, I find it easy to smile and laugh each day. I am truly thankful for all that I have-my family, my health, and my willingness to see the good
    Anonymous

• I'm 27 and have been married 9 1/2 years, we have two wonderful children 8 and 4. I've been through a horrible struggle with depression and anxiety, and I also have PTSD, BPD, and bipolar. I was sexually abused as a child which screwed me up but all the illnesses started hitting me hard when I was 24 and had a "friend" force physical contact on me. It took 3 years and a suicide attempt but I am finally on the right meds. I can't work because of the BPD, my DH has a great job but we have more bills than money but somehow we also manage to get by, the important stuff always gets paid and we always have food, clothing and a home. DH is wonderfully supportive which I am so thankfully for and the kids are happy, healthy and loving. 8 yr old son is very understanding, I can tell him when I am having a bad day from my illnesses and he gets it and is helpful with his sister who is special needs and at 4 barely speaks
    Anonymous

• I am 43 and the mother of 5. I was married for 14 yrs, divorced and with my new DH for the past 9. I had my first at 19 and my last at 40. I work full time, my DH has been laid off since last Jan, so on the upside, I can work and the kids get to stay home with dad. I have a wonderful family and some of the best people on earth to call friend. I lost my father very suddenly on July 5th of this year. I lost my Grandma last Thursday. This has been a bumpy year for me and my family. However, we are very blessed indeed. We own our home, we have a pool, we have more than enough food, and most importantly, we are healthy. My children are good, kind, productive people. I believe the one positive thing to come from a depressed economy is that people have less money and begin to concentrate on what is really important...each other.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I had been abused by my step-father since I was 3 years old and my mom didn't know it. Not sexually, just physically and mentally. My collarbone has been broken 3 times by him.
    My mom and 4 y/o brother died when I was 11 and it tore our family apart. That day changed my life forever and my heart & soul have been ripped apart and have never been repaired. The pain is still as great today as it was back then - 31 years ago.
    My bio-father abused me physically, emotionally, and mentally. I ended up in a foster home where I wasn't really wanted. My step-father 'found' me years later and tried to rape me because I look like my mom he said. My dentist tried to rape me when I was 16. My first husband used to beat me and rape me. He also abused me mentally and emotionally. He has never wanted anything to do with the child we created.
    I'm messed up in the head and have a lot of emotional problems, but I know that God still loves me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009