Does shoulder pain automatically mean miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is a common early warning sign...i have it on the papers from the hospital...i would get checked just to be safe...mine was my shoulder...then my lower abdomen and my lower back..i should have known on wednesday because i thought to my self at one point i had to kinds squat down with the pain..i thought "this feels like contractions"( i have two kids already) but i wrote it off as my ligaments stretching...trust your instincts...u know your body and u know when something is wrong....i am very sad about losing my baby..and my SO is torn over it. he cries and asks me y everynight.. dont put yourself thru that...
    Anonymous

• I've never heard that before.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 6:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No, it means you hurt your shoulder...
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• okay, this is one of the symptoms of a miscarriage..look it up...crazy as it may sound...
    Anonymous

• Symptoms of a miscarriage include:

* Vaginal bleeding that may be light or heavy, constant or irregular. Although bleeding is often the first sign of a miscarriage, first-trimester bleeding may also occur with a normal pregnancy. But bleeding with pain is a sign that miscarriage is more likely.
    * Pain. You may have pelvic cramps, abdominal pain, or a persistent, dull ache in your lower back. Pain may start a few hours to several days after bleeding has begun.
    * Blood clots or grayish (fetal) tissue passing from the vagina.
    Anonymous

• No shoulder pain in that list...
    Anonymous

• i is an early warning sign. i am in the middle of a miss as we speak. and one of my first signs (i wrote off) was shoulder pain..the next day i had cramping..the next day i had bleeding and went to the ER....got sent home and was told i had a hemorrhage in pregnancy...ended up back in the hospital sunday...and was told i was miscarrying....call you doctor....dont wait...i wish i wouldnt have...by the time i went to the hospital there was nothing they could do to stop it....rest....i really mean lay around...do NOT squat and bend alot do NOT lift anything that take effort to pick up....i went to work the next day after my first trip to the hospital and had to lift some heavey stuff. had i not done that...i may not have lost it....dont make the choices i made...i lost my baby...and am having trouble dealing with it.....it is better to be safe than sorry....
    Anonymous

• Well thank you anon 6:52..someone with some sense actually answered me...I'm sorry that you are going thru this, but I just felt a really quick burst of pain in my left shoulder and then it went away....and I heard that shoulder pain could be a symptom of a miscarriage...so I just thought I would ask...
    Anonymous

• So....How's it feel to talk to yourself?.....Next time change up the way you write so we don't figure you out-(hint ........the dot dot dots) and also the writing pattern in general. :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• heartfrommyson, your an idiot..how am I talking to myself..your gay!
    Anonymous