For parents of 2-3 year-olds who get out of their bed/room at night and come to you...

My 2 1/2 year-old daughter does NOT get out of her bed, even though she's not in a crib. It's as though she never fully realized that when she moved from crib to twin bed, she is free to move about the cabin. Seriously, we never ONCE told her she had to stay in bed; but of course we love it. Here's the issue... she's not wearing a pull-up to bed anymore, but she is waking up once in the night to pee... which means she's yelling for us. She shares a room with her 14 month-old sister, so this is never ideal. When she was in a diaper, we trained her not to yell for us in the morning but to talk quietly to herself until we came to get her (about 30 minutes later, usually), but now with no diapers, we pretty much have to go right in there to help her keep from having an accident. Here's the question: should we actually train her to get out of bed and come to us or go to the bathroom. on her own or avoid that at all costs?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 7:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, you're night training a two-year-old? More power to you.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know I was the only one... thanks for the advice, anon.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• why are you posting this in 1-2 year olds?lol just wondering I wish i could help but have yet to come across this kind of trouble
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2009