How did it turn out the first time you cooked a turkey?

The first time I did it was when we were waiting to hear if our two and a half year old son had lymphoma or not, he did not have it. The turkey had as spices my tears during my prayers while cooking it. That was 23 years ago. I had no idea at all what I was doing between my worries and the recipe. Somehow it did end up edible.

Last year was the last time I cooked a turkey and my dishwasher was broken. We ate off of paper plates for dinner and dessert using paper cups and paper salad bowls with plastic knives and forks too. We just laughed and laughed so thankful that we a working fridge and freezer for our leftovers. That died a couple of months before then, so glad the dishwasher and fridgefreezer didn't all die at the same time!!!!!

What are your stories of your life cooking or eating elsewhere for Thanksgiving Day?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 7:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My first turkey was raw. Thank God my husband can cook. Now every year, he does the turkey.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I was surprised how easy it was to make my first turkey, more years ago than I care to mention. It was the kind with the button that pops up when it's finished. It couldn't have been easier.
    Anonymous