lots of questions about solids

my son is 6 mos old and we've been feeding him solids but i decided since he's eating well that i would start grinding his food. i was just wondering if these couple things were ok for him to eat and if you have any suggestions on what else he could eat. The two items i had questions on were if it were ok to feed him Zuccini, avacado and mashed potatos? or is it too early?? What are some other things i could feed him?

LennonT0609

Asked by LennonT0609 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here are two great websites: www.babyledweaning.com www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Personally, I fed my kids whatever we were eating. Unless you have food allergies in your family, I would only wait on honey and maybe peanut butter until they were a year old. My kids ate spaghetti, eggs, any veggie or fruit, meats, pancakes, etc. The only problems I ever had were with my second born. He has very sensitive skin and stomach and the more acidic foods still affect him and give him a terrible diaper rash.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• All of those things are great!

Answer by gdiamante at 7:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• those are all good first time foods! sweet potato and bananas are other good ones! www.wholesomebabyfoods.com and www.weelicious.com have some great recipes, charts and guides. the book Super Baby Foos I HIGHLY recommend! my son is a toddler and I still refer back to the book for recipes and food information!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• LMAO Super Baby FOOD...not foos
    Owl_Feather

• My daughter ate whatever I was having at that age. She started eating regular table food at the age of 5-6months, she refused to eat the baby food. So I chopped and pureed everything.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009