I need some truths about bottle rot.

The dentist says $3800. will fix the problem. We have medical insurance but not dental. I have been researching this a little and I'd like some first hand advice. If you've been in this situation I welcome your advice. Some say it can affect the permanent teeth up inside others say it can't. What do you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• "rot' is infection. So, if the "rot" gets worse, the infection gets worse and the permanent teeth CAN be affected. what type of treatment does that dentist want to do? Is there a possibility of pulling a couple of teeth and waiting for the permanent teeth to grow in, or is the dentist concerned about the spacing? PM if you want and I'll try to find real answers for you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I don't know a lot about it, although my firstborn had a spot on one tooth that decayed. I really would think it depends on how bad the situation is! Can you get a second opinion??
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Bottle rot can and does infect permanent teeth. $3800 seems like a lot to fix it though. Call around to other dentists. You can google the american pediatric dental association or the american dental association and see if there is any info on there. Webmd may have info too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009