Relationship

So what do you do when you have said I have made a commitment to myself.... No sex until married BUT your partner is having dreams about you & the feeling is very much mutual - what.... I really am into him (known one another for years over 15 years) and I dont want to mess a good thing up with sex. Yes Several years ago (more than 7) we were intimate and then he moved away & I as well as he started a new life without one another so now... is NO sex okay when you want it to grow. I dont want to get together and then again we move forward with another(that wont happen-not again)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• my personal convictions is that sex before marraige is a no no for many reasons. ONe if because I believe that sex is intimatacy that was only met for a husband and wife. I believe that sex is sacred as well and brings two people together as one. Another reasons is because sex leads to babies. Even with the most reliable form of birth control is not 100% and so it needs to be between a married couple who are commited so that a child can have a mom and a dad that are commited (for life) to eachother before a child is entered into the picture. Those are just the sandards I go by.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• if he loves you he will respect your wishes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I guess I'm the wrong person to ask, because I firmly believe sex is and should be part of a relationship... You have known each other for a long time, it's not like you're not familiar with the kind of person he is. And for me, if a guy would tell me he wouldn't sleep with me till after marriage? Forget it. I'm not buying a car without a test drive beforehand, either. Being sexually compatible is important. Not the ONLY important thing, of course, but still important. And I don't think one hook up 7 years ago can predict whether or not you're compatible in that area now...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Don't give up your beliefs! If it works out you will be so glad you waited. And if it does not work out....you will be so glad you waited.
    Anonymous

• You should wait. He'll wait if he loves you. If you don't stand your ground or he gives you crap over your decision, it only shows how he'll act in the future over other things you feel strongly about. Finances, kids, etc.
    Punkrawkpookie

Answer by Punkrawkpookie at 7:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I wanted to add. that sex is something that needs to be worked at. I don't beleive that it needs to be tried and tested to see if your compatable. You know your compatable when you have the same convictions, and you love and respect eachother. Every relationship needs work at, and working ast sex is not the acception. Things don't always fall into place, they need to be worked at... like communication, finances, parenting etc all take work, just like sex. So, like I said earlier, I believe that sex is a priviledge for a husband and wife who commited themselves until death, and that sex is a GREAT part of the marriage that needs to be a priority and also needs to be worked at as well :) jmo
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think that precious nailed it on the head. Don"t give in.
    Anonymous

• ok what's the point of no sex if you already have 15 yrs invested in the relationship and already been intimate with him? I like sex. I'd be with him if that's who I wanted to be with.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009