What should I do? Do I stay optimistic about the situation or do I assume and run away?

There is this guy I have been talking to (texting). He tells me that he likes me and always compliments me... but, I see that he gives out his number to girls pretty frequently on his facebook.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• OP HERE - I just don't want to be another one of those girls he talks to.
    Anonymous

• I'd ask him what he wants, a friendship or a long term relationship? Some men love a variety of women.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think he has a lot of girls he wants to date and talk to..
    Anonymous

• I agree with admckenzie...ask him what it is he's looking for. He might like you but still want to date other women. Or he might be thinking of you as just a friend, and is just a flirty type. I recently had it brought to my attention that I tend to talk with my guy friends in a way that could be construed as flirty, giving them the impression that I might be interested in more than friendship. He may be like that. Also, are you guys only texting, or do you talk on the phone, too? Have you met in person? Things like that make a difference, too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• OP HERE - We only text but he says as soon as he gets the courage, he wants to call me and that he plans on us meeting to hang out soon after he moves. He says that there could be a possibility of this going further than just being friends. I don't mind being friends, I just don't want to be played.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he's young, and possibly a player. Maybe you all should just remain friends...just to spare you unnecessary heartbreak.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I just asked my boyfriend, after reading your response, what he thought. He says it could go either way, that he might be really, really shy, or he might be a total player. He says he thinks you should give him the benefit of the doubt, in case it's just shyness, but to keep your guard up at the same time. Hope that helps a bit. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• OP HERE - It helps... thanks tropicalmama and everyone else. Whether he's a player or not, I am in control of where I let it go... I will keep my guard up but be open minded at the same time.
    Anonymous