18 month old wont listen

my 18 month old wont listen to anything i say he will pick up something that he is not ment to i will tell him no and take it of him then he will do it again then i send him to his corner and when his done he will do it again

anita0434

Asked by anita0434 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• whatever you do be constant and don't give up :) I know for my baby, he's very stubborn and determined. I personally don't use time outs at this age, but I will just keep on redirecting him and he'll get mad and throw a fit. Eventually he'll give up, but they are still learning, just be constistant.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My 18 month old is doing the same thing!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Be consistent! Tell him no ONE TIME and immediately deal with it. It will take time, but if you consistently respond and discipline immediately you will eventually see progress. He will learn you mean no the first time you tell him something. Good luck!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• you have to stay consistant! he could be testing you! also make sure you are using simple words. "NO PEN, LOOK! BLOCKS! BLOCKS ARE FUN!" try to divert his attention to something else. He will soon realize the "pen" is a no-no, but the blocks are ok. If he listens and plays with the blocks, praise him for being a good listener! also make sure you dont overuse NO. The more you use it, the more it will go in one ear out the other, and the higher chance he will say NO all the time. I say UH UH, STOP and only use NO if it is a dangerous object.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• lol my sons responds when I say "uh huh" and looks at me, sometimes he obeys and sometimes he directly disobeys and thinks its funny.... little stinker!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Time Out Works Wonders and if your child throws a fit ignore them and come back when they are ready to behave that is what my childs doctor recommended to us hope this helps(:
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2009