Did you get your period with the Mirena?

&& How long did you bleed after it was placed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• I've had my mirena for almost a year and a half and I have not gotten a period since I only spot once in a while and I did not bleed once it was plced it actually stopped my bleeding that I had for 5m before that from the stupid depo shot.
    Anonymous

• I have the Mirena for the full 5 years. I had some spotting for the first few weeks and then only occasionally after intercourse. I didn't have a period for 4 years. After removal I bled a little for 6 days. I had a tiny bit of spotting a little over a month later and then got pregnant. :o)

? for pp. Are you sure the Mirena is the cause of your lack of a period? After my last shot of depo (7 years ago) it took me 18 months to get my period back and that was actually a miscarriage (I didn't realize it at the time). Then I got pregnant. :o) I wasn't on any birth control during that time. I think I might be off birth controls from now on, especially ones that are progestin based.
    Anonymous

• I meant the only cause of your lack of a period. PP
    Anonymous

• Bled 4 months, then it moved into my muscle & had to have it removed. Not for me, but many friend like it.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009