B12

Anoyone know anything about B12 deficiency? I'm 7 months pregnant and just had blood tests ran and they found out that I have this issue. I've been anemic all my life and handle that with my diet and vitamins. They said it's not my food intake and are scheduling tests to figure out what else it may be. Any idea's as to what can help or how this happens?

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 7:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• Usually low B12 is from not eating enough beef and meats. I didn't know they could tell whether or not it's from lack of food intake. The only idea I have is to eat foods high in B12 (look on internet) and take B12 vitamins, but if you are really low they can have you give shots to yourself.
    Anonymous

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I started taking garden of life raw b12 when I cut meat out of my diet and my b12 was excellent when I got tested. So if your OB suggests a supplement I would rec that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Get some nutritional yeast and sprinkle it on everything (it tastes sort of like parmesan cheese)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009