mirena users..TMI question..sorry

those of you using mirena, when you have sex does your partner "finish" in you?? if so, has it done its job well at protecting against pregnancy??
im getting it in a few weeks and wondering a few things about it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had it but only had sex with it once....the hormones in it made me moody....really moody..but i am one of those we3ird people that are supper sensitive to things like that...but i am under the impression that is does it job....i wold ask you doctor...i know it is an embarrassing question....but i would say something like do we still need condoms with this IUD? that should make it less embarrassing....and they "should" know what you are talking about.
    Anonymous

• Ive had it for 2 years and no pregnancy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I had it for a year and started having pains and cysts so i had it removed

But it did its job
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• ive had it for about a year and im not pregnant but tntmom your totally right about the cramps. Its getting worse and worse as the months go by. Im really considering having it removewd, but i have a blood clotting disorder and there isnt many birthcontrol methods that dont produce estrogen. So with that said my hands are kinda tied.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have had mine in since July and no pregnancy. The only weird thing about it is I've stopped having periods, which is one of the possible side effects. For me, it's kind of a blessing, cause I've always HATED my periods. Also... I've had a lot of problems with the pill, the ring, etc. I love my Mirena and wouldn't change birth control even if someone paid me!.
    KellyMac5407

Answer by KellyMac5407 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009