why are so many moms on here so pushy about breastfeeding and judgemental?

i joined cafemom to find helpful information about being a mom from other moms but lately i here alot of judgemental women. especially about breastfeeding. i breastfed but i also formula fed. that is what worked for myself. i thought we were suppose to be supporting each other not judging each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree! bf is not for everyone. Just try not to listen to the ones who judge.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Because so many women on here think they know better than everyone else. Just brush it off. I BF and FF for a little bit before exclusively FF. I dont care what any women on here thinks of me for that. my baby is healthy and happy
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 8:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Some women on her are like that. My way or the highway type women. The eat all organic foods, cloth diaper, breastfeed, no shots, no discipline type women.

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I am glad there are nice and none judgemntal women on here. yes my daughtr is healthy and happy and that is all that matters. and probably they were formula fed and they are mad at their mothers. lol
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I did breastfeed 3 out of 5 of my children and I believe it is a personal choice. What's good for one person may not necessarily be good for another. People have no right to judge you on the decisions you make regarding the feeding of your infant. Take it to the bottle or the breast it is all up to you. And other people mind your business...you are not God therefore you have no right to judge.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• there are a lot of judgmental people on here...ESPECIALLY today....i joined for the same reason. i thought who better to talk to about kids and life in general than a bunch of other mothers....but sometimes i get sick of the bashing and hating and go a month or more with out even logging on...then i come back like today..and it is right where i left it. hateful people calling others names for asking honest questions....or asking hurtful questions just to stir up strife in others. that is NOT what this site was supposed to be....we should start a no bashers allowed group...jk...
    Anonymous

• louise2- not all AP moms are permissive/ non-disciplining parents. a lot of us just believe in gentle, non-violent discipline. how you choose to discipline your children is completely up to you, but some of us don't have to hit our children to teach them right from wrong.
    now to answer the question- I'm sorry you're feeling judgment from some moms on here. I think as a mom we all feel very sensitive about whatever choice we're making. That's the one that works for you. We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. Someone is always going to have something to say about how we feed our kid. Either we should BF, we shouldn't FF, we BF too long, they either eat junk food, or we should lighten up and let them have some junk food, whatever. We're always going to hear it.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous :43. Is that all you got out of my answer is the discipline part of it. I sayd much more then that. What I said is just my opinion.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• People who rub you the wrong way stand out. I think most bf moms genuinely want to help. Just because someone bf does not mean they are on a high horse and can't wait to judge you. There are better sites than CM for bf info, try La Leche or Kellymom.
    Anonymous

• Its not the case with all BF moms there are exceptions such as momofive who is more laid back about everyone needing to make their own choices but I have noticed that a lot of BF mothers, though they may mean well, are totally vicious and rabid in their belifes that BF is best. But they need to realize that being adamant to the point of being rude isn't going to convince someone to BF. I had nurses that were lactation consultants and one of them yelled at me for feeding my baby instead of eating my dinner and said that once the baby is born your body takes care of you first so if you aren't getting good nutrition then your baby wont be so that means that BF is only best if you are getting enough nutrition
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2009