is there a religion that fully restricts makeup?

I know there are religion that believe a moderate amount is ok or make up is ok for you husband or family only, but is there a religion that says no make up what so ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are many of them, but they are mostly cults.
    Anonymous

• Apostolic
    Anonymous

• As far as I know the FLDS are this way. They see women who wear makeup as prostitutes.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• There are a couple in my area (Protestant, Netherlands Reformed) that don't allow it, and there's also another but I don't know what it's called (I know the slang term but it's a local thing). And they are in NO way cults, thank you very much first anon replier.
    Anonymous

• My friend is pentecostal and she can't wear makeup pants and she can't cut her hair either
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My sister is in the United Pentecostal church. There is no makeup, hair cutting or pants. I would call the UPC a denomination not religion :-)
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 12:20 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• amish and mennonites
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 12:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I just wanna say that not all Pentecostal churches adhere to that rule. I went to a Pentecostal church with my grandparents from the time I was a baby to age 12 or so. Women always dressed up for church, but my grandma always wore red lipstick and had a short perm. I guess it depends on what area you live in.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2009