Can Cinnamon Oil (for baking) be bought at Wal-Mart?

I am making come rock candy and I have enough to make one more batch, but if it is good, I would love to make more. Does anyone know if it can be bought at Wal-Mart?

nicky5053

Asked by nicky5053 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I got mine there. I found it by the health/beauty aids dept.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Here it is in the Wilton section, but only in a four-pack with three other flavors. Michiganmom, is that a food grade oil? I will have to check that out. That 4 pack annoys me when I only want cinnamon.

I LOVE cinnamon rock candy. Both my kids have done rock candy science projects in the past. Cinnamon was one the variables one year.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• yeah you can buy it at walmart, I just bought a bunch they were 1.97 a piece. In the craft area by the wedding- baking stuff :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• "Michiganmom, is that a food grade oil?"

It was LorAnn oil, the exact same thing I've been using for years. It's been about 4 years since I bought it, so Walmart may have decided to put it somewhere else. Before that, my drugstore sold it for a few years along with many other flavors.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well, it could be my walmart just sucks. When they did the great (allegedly) nationwide remodel to make them "all the same" ours got rid of a ton of stuff (including the fabric and most of the craft sections) and swore every store was doing the same. I find out from people all the time stuff that other walmarts across the nation still carry. I will check into the health and beauty aisle, but as for the individual Wilton bottles in the wedding section, ours only carries the multipack.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2009