i think my baby has thrush?

he has a white coat on his tongue with clumpy dots this is thrush right? he is 6 wks and eats combo breast/formula. should we go to urgent care or wait for his pedi office to re-open monday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't wait until Monday. Call your pediatricians on call doc and talk to them. If the baby has it on his mouth and you are breast feeding then you have it on you too and you'll both need to be treated. Talk to the on call- they may be able to call the ER for you to let them know you are coming, that should shorten your wait. You may be able to wait until the morning to go to the ER which would be better than sitting there all night long.

Good luck! I hope you both feel better.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• there is no on-call just a recording that says to go to either urgent care during their extended hours or to the ER if urgent care is closed (OP)
    Anonymous

• Are there any other symptoms? Also, if you take your finger and try to scrape some of the white stuff out of his mouth, does it come off? If it doesn't then more than likely it is thrush. I would get it taken care of as soon as possible if it is.
    Ctepanee

Answer by Ctepanee at 9:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Kellymom.com has the BEST remedies for thrush...better than anything your doc will give.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009