Just when I thought things were looking up...

I came home from school to make dinner and there were super tiny white bugs crawling all over all the food in m pantry. They were even inside a bottle of vinegar. I had to throw away EVERYTHING, including toliet paper, paper towels, even things that had never been opened because they were on everyting. I don't know how theygot there. I keep my house super clean and am always disinfecting everything. I have absoultely no money to buy any groceries, so now I have no idea what we will eat until both my dh and i get paid next week. I'm so bummed out. Just when i thought we were gonna have a little extra money to pay off some bills we were behind, on this happens. fml. =(

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 9:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• i am sorry :( do you have somewhere to go for thanksgiving? i know it sux when you think things are looking up...the ceiling falls out on you...this past month has by far been one of the worst in my life...but hang in there it will get better...
    Anonymous

• hugsYou can come to my house. I have lots of food but no one to share it with.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Attack of the Weevles! They're evil little bugs. All it takes is one bad box from the store and they take over everything. They even eat through plastic. Go to a local food bank and explain the situation. They'll help you.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 9:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• When I researched the bugs I saw weevles too. Does bleach really not kill them?? There's no way I can do a fogger at 9:30 pm with a little one and 4 animals....they take a few hours don't they? I might do one this weekend if a local shelter will let me keep my dogs and cat there for a little while (my mom refuses to let them at her house because they beat up her dog and her cat tries to kill mine lol)
    I am going to my grandparents for thanksgiving...hopefully there's a lot of left overs!!!
    It just really sucks that I had to throw a whole pantry full of food away...I just went shopping the other day too.
    ericalyne

Answer by ericalyne at 9:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You can kill the bugs by freezing foods for a couple of days.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2009