What are some good ways to work from home?

I recently left my job because they cut my hours back and now i would really love to work from home because I enjoy spending the time with my son...

LovinMyTonys

Asked by LovinMyTonys at 9:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• you could babysit, or sell avon. anything else where you have to pay money to make money is not a good idea, usually a scam.
    Anonymous

• I have a list of companies that hire home workers on my website. There is also a great lot of information about a number of different home businesses as well... Check it all out at www.SabrinasCloset.info

I work from home with Ameriplan. I love what I do and have a great income. Check out who we are and what we do at www.ThisIsAP.com We offer daily pay, benefits, training and more! Plus a great bonus program!

Good Luck and feel free to contact me with questions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I just signed up for http://www.cashcrate.com/1729595 all you do is fill out offers and they give you a small amount of money for each offer you complete. Im up to a whopping 1.65 so far lol BUT i just started!
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and ideas for working at home.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I work from home and I can help you work from home too! I LOVE what I do!!! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• A business will let you be your own boss giving you way more flexibility. I have an Ameriplan business and just yesterday they announced a Promo that you can come in with ONLY $25!!!   You can view my website and here is a good info call (951)262-1118.
    God Bless
    678-823-0523
    ChristinaDennis@ameriplan.net

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I am with Scentsy the wickless candle and love it. We are one of the fastest DSA companies out there right now with the economy being what it is. The reason is our products are low cost, last longer, Safe and our start up is low and the product sells itself. My website is: http://livenscents.scentsy.us and my email is www.allscents@yahoo.com .

I started back in March of 08 when I saw where the economy was heading and I wanted to be prepared with another income just in case. And it has well paid off for us, my husband is a big part and support because he loves it also. But that seems to be how this company goes. The husbands join in! Good luck. and you are welcomed to PM me.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can do lots of different things.....many responders are with specific Direct Sales companies. You can do "ok" with them, but most that join these companies don't make much if any money...yes some do, but there is NO guarantee you'll make money based on the hours you put into it.

You could babysit, offer to run errands or clean houses for elderly in the area, bake cookies or cakes for those who want homemade items without a bakery price, sell things you and your family outgrew on eBay or Craigslist (then shop thrift shops for more things)....this is what I do and make anywhere from $50-$300 a week depending on how many things I list and sell.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I made over $1300 this month working from home making my own schedule. I work with Tupperware and LOVE IT!! Check out my site at my2.tupperware.com/amyroca I do parties at night or during the day. I have been with Tupperware just 3 years and I LOVE IT!! Let me know if you have any questions!

-Amy
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 2:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009