Christians views on Gays/Lesbians ...

I don't really know how to word this. And PLEASE - I'm NOT trying to start drama, I would just like to hear what you think. My mother is a very conservative christian. She is very strict about religion. Anyway, she always made me believe how being gay or lesbian is wrong, and they are sinners, etc. Well, I know it's wrong in God's eyes, but I really don't like to discrimate. I don't know how I'm suppose to feel about this. I feel like we are ALL sinners, but we should all treat eachother as equals. How do you feel about Gay marriage? I really don't know how to feel! My mom tells me one thing, but I feel like it's not fair! Why can't I be ok with gay people?
Basically what I want to know is....For all you Christians out there...what's your view on Homosexuals?
Please, don't start drama, I just don't know who else to ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe the act of homosexuality is a sin......as are many, many things that humans do multiple times on a daily basis. I believe that God calls us to care for one another as humans no matter which sin we can label one another as having commited because ultimately in God's eyes they are all wrong, no great, no less- simply unacceptable behaviors.

As far as marriage goes I do not believe a homosexual marriage will be recognized by God as a union and ultimately that is only between Him and those who are living in such a union.

As far as treatment wise- homosexuals like you and me are human and should be treated as such- with love. And I don't mean "warm fuzzy" love, but love of action. Live your life of faith and let them see the love of God by your actions daily and toward them. How do you treat somone who sins in a less publicly controversial way?

lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 4:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I personally do not agree with the life style. I am not one to judge anyone for their life style though. I do not treat gays/lesbians any different. God does not want us to be ugly to people. That is not Christian=Christ like.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I understand where you're coming from. I was raised Catholic and used to have Christian neighbors who told me the line "you love the sinner, not the sin". I don't agree with it one bit. I have a gay brother who I love with all my heart and soul and support gay marriage. I know Christians and Catholics have their views about how it's wrong in the eyes of the Lord, but I do not accept that as my own belief. You should have faith in your own beliefs. Don't let others (including your mom) to dissuade you.
    Anonymous

• Uh boy, here we go with being gay is a choice and a life style.
    Anonymous

• I would consider myself a Christian and I believe that a person is gay because they are born wired that way. Some say God doesnt make mistakes, and I agree. But people are born with out arms, with intestines outside their bodies, attached to their twin.... things happen. If God made those people that way for a reason that we do not understand, how dare we say that he didnt make people gay for a reason we may not understand. I think it is rather odd that someone would look at one person and say God has a reason i do not understand but then raise themselves to explain God in another situation.

Anonymous

• It doesn't matter if it is a choice or not. What matters is people are being mistreated for who they love for Gods sakes.
    Anonymous

• WHO CARES! Doesn't anyone get tired of hearing what the Christians think? I am a Christian I'm tired of hearing the non tolerant crap that comes out of most of their mouths on this site.
    Anonymous

• i am a Christian..and yes in God's eyes it is wrong. but God loves all of us in spite of our sins....he still love those ho are gay he just does not like their actions....think of it this way....if you child lies to you...you still love you child right? but you do not love how they acted? GOD DOES NOT HATE THOSE WHO ARE GAY. He just disapproves of their actions. but he still loves them as individuals in spite of their lifestyles. we are all sinners...what they do is between them and God. i am not going to bash them. i work with some gay men and they are a hoot. to me i remember what the Lord said. "he who is without sin cast the first stone" we are all guilty of sin one way or another every single day of our lives.
    Anonymous

• they are GAY/LESBIAN by choice God DOES NOT make them gay...how ignorant can you be???!!!?? i totally disagree with their lifestyle..i dnt hate them though...it is wrong to be homosexual
    Anonymous

• i believe the OP posted this question seeking help with her struggle on how to deal with her mother's issue with her daughter's beliefs on gays. she seemed interested in how to understand why Christians think the way they do. i don't see any reason to get all worked up over it.

to the OP. you already have your beliefs. you're an adult. your mother will just have to accept that. i certainly hope she does.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009