help i need ideas for baby shower games food and ect. this is the first one i've been asked to throw

thank you much jen

bwnd4

Asked by bwnd4 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• www.babyshower101.com
    It helped me bunches good luck!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• thank you so much for the quick reply jen
    bwnd4

Answer by bwnd4 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I just went to my cousin shower last month, it was tons of fun. We played the game where if you say baby you get your safety pin taken. Um, they made out crossword puzzles with differnt baby items to find in it. Then a hidden message (which was Kyla Marie the new baby's name) We played a game where we could see how many people could come up with the most baby items (we played that before the crossword puzzle of course) lol. And this was fun, The grandma 2 be, which was the host, snuck the mommy 2 be out of the room, then asked everyone to write down what she was wearing from head to toe. Only one person remembered because they cheated, they took a picture of her before then, lol. We also played the game with the toilet paper, guess how much it would take to fit around her belly perfectly. For prizes, they had candles. From dollar tree, You can buy them online in bulk sizes, its cheaper, they smell really good too! Good Luck!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• At mine we had men there too so the men's game was.... we got 2 baby dolls and some chunky peanut butter and a pack of cheap diapers and wipes. We spread some of the peanut butter on the baby's butt then put a diaper and the guys had to race. The person that got their baby clean and diapered first won. It was really funny. (you could use it for the girls too)
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I went to baby shower where they took different candy bars and smooched them into the diapers and we had to guess what candy bars they were.. Then there was a baby bottle drinking contest where a couple were given a bottle of juice and had to think of the quickest way to get the juice out WITHOUT The nipple coming off.lol
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My MIL took tiny plastic babies and put them in ice cube trays. Then, she filled them in water and froze the babies into the ice cubes. After everyone arrived and as I was about to open the gifts, she gave everyone a drink at the same time with the frozen ice baby. She then announced that the first person whose "water breaks" and whose baby floats to the top wins a prize! Everyone was watching their drinks while I opened gifts. It was cute.
    Nummymommy

Answer by Nummymommy at 10:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My sister did my baby shower. She also did the game with the candy bars in the diapers. We did a word scramble too. I went to a baby shower where they put a bunch of baby items in a pillow case and you got to put your hand in the case for 30 seconds and see who could correctly name the most items without looking. We just had a sandwhich and veggie tray and some snacky stuff (chips, crackers and nuts), and a cake.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I just went to a Baby Shower recently and they had a few blank onesies and had people decorate(with fabric markers,fabric paints) them for the baby to be and also had everyone bring a baby picture of themselves and played "guess who",there is also the guess What's in the diaper game(assorted types of chocolate or jarred baby food).There is tons of websites with additional ideas. Have fun. Oh and there is also Baby Bingo and the string game where you guess how big mommy to be belly is.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I LOVE the game that a poster mentioned where you have to write down what the mommy-to-be was wearing!

My favorite baby shower game is kinda like The Price Is Right. You get a bunch of baby items and then you hold them up one-by-one and people write down how much they think each one costs. Then you add their grand total of all the items and whoever comes closest to the actual total wins. I like that one alot:) Typically it is played after the tray game (where you put a bunch of items on a tray and show it off for about a minutes and then take it away and have people write down as many items as they can remember) and you just use the same items
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009