Braxton Hix

I have been having braxton hix like crazy today and a lot yesterday to. I am 32 weeks. I had my twins at 33.5 weeks I just associated pre-term to the twins.

How long before your due date did you have them so often? Did you have them a lot or every once in awhile?

Just wondering if it normal, or maybe what else to watch for..if anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea you are at the stage in your pregnancy where you will be having braxton hix. the way the dr explained it to me is like this: your body is preparing for labor so basically what braxton hicks is practice contractions. watch for your contractions to become closer together. if they are coming closer together and start lasting longer, then its probably the real deal. good luck hope this helps. congrats!!! p.s. when I went into true labor I began feeling a lot of pelvic pressure that became unbearable when I would urinate.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Be sure to hydrate!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• This is my 3rd child. My braxton hicks started around 5 months with my first two and about 16-17 weeks(my 4th month) with this one. It's practice contractions, nothing to worry about. If they dont' go away when you change positions or get up and move around then they might be REAL contractions. Start keeping track at that point. When they are about 10 mins apart, call your doctor. Good luck!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009