What is the quickest/easiest/less stressful way to move?

Anyone have any tips that worked for them when they moved. I'm moving Dec 1st and my last time was such a disaster I"m dreading this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much!

fireangel0310

Asked by fireangel0310 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Travel

• Have much stuff do you have? And how far are you moving? I have moved A LOT. I've done throw it all in garbage bags and sort it when you get there (miserable) I've done move one room at a time with multiply trips across a short distance. I've done professional movers half way across the country. The first thing to do if you have a lot of stuff is sort through and throw out (and give away) as much as possible. If you haven't used it in six months you probably don't need it. Start packing things you won't need before the move, now. Know where your vacuum cleaner is. You will need to vacuum the new place before you settle in and vacuum the old place after everything is out. Label your boxes. Set up the beds first and the kitchen last. Order pizza.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• dont move.. lol

U-haul? I guess I dont know really, the only time I moved was out of my parents house and I didnt have much, so it was a one trip in the car. GL though!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Pay a moving company to do it for you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If you can afford it, hire professionals to pack and move.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Many ppl in the military do DITY (Do It Yourself).  Read some tips

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• lovemydog has hit the nail on the head....throw away anything you ahvent used in a while...means less to move and unpack...leave the big stuff for last, and try to do less trips as possible...take your time unpacking...i would unpack the major rooms first...the livingroom and kitchen....and take your time on the bedrooms...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well we are almost done.. We are just moving to the next town over.. We only have pots/pans to move and thebig things..lol thanks for imput!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009