Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you change your ObGyn?

I want to change my OBGyn, but I feel like since I am established with the one I have now I dunno if I should. When I first started to go to her, she was a private practice and had all the time in the world to spend with you. Now she joined a HUGE new practice and it seems like she doesnt have time to see anyone anymore, I see her P.A. and not her now. She delivered my first child, and now I am pregnant again and I want someone that has more time to spend with me..Any suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (3)
  • I would change. During your pregnancy and delivery you are going to want to be with a doctor who knows you and knows what you want and respects those wishes.

    Answer by Nummymommy at 10:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • I just recently changed mine due to a pregnancy. I did not like the pre-natal care or delivery I had with my last OB/GYN.
    I asked some other local mom's I know for recommendations for a good mid-wife. After I got their recommendations I called each of the offices to ask some questions about their positions on things that mattered to me. I finally selected a mid-wife group that came highly recommended that seemed to pregnancy and childbirth in a manner that agrees with my own.

    Answer by DawnA72 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • If you're having a healthy pregnancy, I highly recommend a midwife.
    (OBs average 7 minutes with a patient in prenatal appointments compared to 30 minutes with the midwife!)

    You should do whatever makes you feel happiest. It's not likely to get any better at the current practice...
    As a consumer, you are purchasing a service. Why not make sure you get your money's worth, get better service!!

    Answer by doulala at 10:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.