Has anyone had good reviews on the Magic Jack???

You hook this into your computer and you can make free calls in the US and Canada and only pay $39 for the first year and $20 for 2 years after that.I read the reviews and they seem good.I hooked it up today and it was easy!My husband is suspicious of it and I was just wondering if anyone else has one.

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha! I have had one for a while now. It works fine, and was an easy installation. Free long distance. The only problem is if you lose power, you lose phone. That's it.

Nummymommy

Answer by Nummymommy at 10:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have one as well and we love it. No more phone bills. WOO HOO! It works fine. $39 to buy it and that comes with your first year payment included. Then it's $20 per year after that- is what I thought, but I could be wrong. Hubby knows more than I do. But just be sure you have a back up phone (cell phone) cause if power is out or your internet is down, you have no phone. Other than that it's cool! I like it cause I rarely used my home phone anyway and was paying out the wazoo for stuff I didn't want or need. KWIM?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Your computer must be on at all times if you want to get any calls, and that can cost $150 a year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That's right, anon :36...plus leaving the computer on all the time can cause the fan or motor to burn out (it happened to mine from leaving it on too long everyday, but not because I have MagicJack). Also, my friend has it, and it can act up funny sometimes. It makes weird beeping sounds while we're talking, and sometimes I call her and get weird messages that aren't hers. Then I will call back and she'll answer. It's kind of strange. I would say it will probably be fine if you have backup communications (cell phones) but I wouldn't rely on it as my ONLY means of talking since it seems to be slightly unreliable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have it and it's great! About the leaving the computer on all the time, it still works when the computer's asleep so it's fine. Plus, to make international calls to Dominican Republic, we just bought another one and sent it to them! :]
    MommyToBe1023

Answer by MommyToBe1023 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2009