should i give my girls a gardasil shot

should i give my girls a gardasil shot? ??????

shirley67

Asked by shirley67 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Do some research on the subject rather than asking for strangers opinions. I personally would not. Many girls have been harmed by it.
    Anonymous

• Yes I think you should. I had mine done when I was in high school. No bad reactions to it or anything like that...although I do remember the 3rd shot hurting the worst. It's worth it in my opinion and as far as I know, most insurance companies cover it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2z6RK2uTWc
    I'm not saying don't get it but just watch this.... it changed my mind....
    Anonymous

• I have a 17yo daughter. I'm not getting that shot and I'm not getting the H1 shot for her either. There not mandatory in my opinon that tilts the scales towards their quality of absolute knowns be on the up and up.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msoyRYSoSJk
    Anonymous

• Look into it and see what your opinion is. Our opinion really shouldn't matter in the way you choose to raise your girls.

That being said, I did get the shot when I was 18. When I was 21 I was diagnosed with HPV. It went away on its own and never bothered me. For most girls it goes away on its own and doesn't cause any trouble. The shot only protects against a few strains of HPV. Considering there are thousands of strains of HPV, the chances of your daughters getting it is still high even if they get the shot.

Anonymous

• YES!!!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i would but you should do research and shee what the pros and cons are and also ask your docs opinion
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I would wait for my daughter to be old enough to make the decision on her own... but it's up to you
    Anonymous

• it is form my doc...and my girls don't want to take the shot.
    shirley67

Answer by shirley67 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009