How do you tell your in-laws that you love letting the kids visit at their house, but every time the kids come home they are sick?

In-laws have several pets in the house. Kids have either come home sick or developed an illness within 2 to 3 days of returning. I just can't figure this out. Do any of you have similar cases? Please help because I don't want to offend my in-laws and yet something is going to have to change. My kids also love going there to spend the night.

JillianF

Asked by JillianF at 10:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i would have them checked for allergies....my son has severe asthma...and in the spring time he has problem with it when he goes to visit them they are in the country so..it is hard on him
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster...check them for allergies....otherwise just tell your inlaws that they have allergies and send them info about how to keep a house as allergy free as you can with pets....good luck
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I was going to say allergies too. I would recommend letting them know about a potential allergy and see if they will help by cleaning, vacuuming, and putting the dogs out for the visit to see if there is an imporvement.
    Anonymous

• Oh, for cryin' out loud. If it was allergies, it would happen WHILE THEY ARE THERE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• well how long are the visits? Cause most illness take several days to even a week or two from exposer to develop symptoms.
    More than likely they came in contact elsewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2009