Egg Nog

I am looking for a fairly simple, yet prominent, old fashioned egg nog recipe. Any ideas?

mikeysmomma2007

Asked by mikeysmomma2007 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Do a Google search! I always just buy mine at the grocery store around the holidays. I found it in the grocery store a couple weeks ago actually!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Cooks.com
    They have recipes from the members of the site, so they're recipes from every type of household.
    That's your best bet right there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Don't skimp with the eggnog recipe!! The little extra work is SO worth it ... especially for the old fashioned taste. I LOVE the Better Homes & Garden recipe:

4 beaten egg yolks; 2 cups milk; 1/3 cup sugar; 1 cup whipping cream; 2 tbs light rum; 2 tbs bourbon; 1 tsp vanilla; ground nutmeg FOR NON ALCOHOLIC: increase milk to 2 1/3 cups

In a large heavy saucepan combine the egg yolks, milk, and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Place the pan in a sink or bowl of ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream, rum, bourbon, and vanilla. Cover and chill for 4 - 24 hours.

Last year, I made eggnog whipped cream to top my pumpkin pie. Delicious!

Bon appetite!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I love the Silk nog (and it won't give you a heart attack)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009