What are some signs of getting ready to menstruate in a 12 yo?

My dd just turned 12 and over the summer until now, she has been complaining of stomach cramps after she eats. She's taken a urinalysis to rule out bladder infection and doctor thought maybe it was a sign of acid reflux and prescribed Zantac for her. However, the cramping stopped briefly after she started taking the Zantac and has now come back. Anything we could be overlooking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• blood
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• truthteller you are too much lol

I second truthteller.

Both of my daughters started about 12. There was no sign except that each came to me and said they needed pads. Just talk to dd and tell her she could bleed very soon between her legs every month or almost every month. I told my girls about sex years before their periods and reinforced good bad touches all along and since then.

A lot of girls go to school bleeding and don't do anything cause they're too embarassed, the moms find out seeing the sheets stained. Don't let your dd be afraid.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• She may have a food sensitivity, like dairy or wheat. Try an elimination diet, either on your own or with a nutritionist or dietician.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• my niece go ther period this year at 11, but for a whole year she had alot of discharged. and her boob were aching a bit.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Every girl is different. Some have no symptoms others get headaches, moodswings, cramps before the onset of blood. It really depends on the the child. Also you can figure out when your daughter will start by when you started.
    mbk24

Answer by mbk24 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Wow mood swings ? That is my 12yr. old and a lot of others! lol
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Mood swings, has she complained of any swelling or discoloration in or around her nipples? If so, aunt flow is on her way.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009