how long do misscarriage pains last?

i started miscarrying this past thursday. wnet back to the hospital on sunday...they confirmed and put me on ret for a weeks with some pain meds. i took a loritab they gave me at 6. it is ten now. and the pain even with the loritab is coming back strong. similar to contractions ( i have two kids already so i know what contractions feel like) my question is...how long does this process last? when will this pain stop? i was fine earlier then all of a sudden they came on again...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• did you pass the baby yet? When i had my misscarriage it lasted a day.. i started having contractions.. and i passed the baby about 12 hours later. i had to have a d&c because i was 16 weeks along... but after that it was pretty much just mental pain.. not physical. maybe you can call your doctor and ask if there is anything they can do??
    im so sorry mama.. it brings back such painful memories.. i know how you feel. i wish i could make it better!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 1:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• How far along are you? I was only 4-5 weeks when I had my miscarriages. My first caused me pain for 3 days or so but nothing that made me need to take pain meds (I refuse to takes meds unless I absolutely need to). My second caused me no real pain really. I would call your doctor.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i was only a months long at the most....i have had two miscarriages b4...they were after my DD was born before my DS was born..and with those i cramped like a period and the bleed like a period. had i not taken tests i wouldnt have even of known i was pregnant....this time i felt pregnant..and i have cramped for a week now....been very very week from the blood i lost. it was originally diagnosed as a hemorrhage in pregnancy. then Sunday it was upgraded to a miss....i was fine yesterday until i had to put my kids in bed....school is out today so we stayed up late watching tv and eating popcorn...one fell asleep on the couch and the other in the floor (they are 2 and 5) after picking them up and putting them in bed i got pains again. they were so bad my pain meds only dulled. and they have me on loritabs...usually 2 extra strength Tylenol is a lot for me....i jsut want this to be over. i am restricted activities till Friday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009