Am I horrible? This stuff happens right??

OK, so this is going to seem really stupid and I realize that, but I just need some experienced Mama's to help me feel better! Two nights ago my 5.5 month old was having a bad night. I know it was a combination of being overtired and teething. She was crying on and off and I was trying to help her fall asleep. I hate when she gets like that. It hardly ever happens but I just feel terrible when it does. Anyway, I was holding her in the bathroom (loud fan she likes) and swaying with her and just when she was about to fall asleep she woke up and got fussy all over again. She was in the cradle position and I hurried to get her out of there and bring her into her room to rock her and see if the 'nummies' would help and when walking out of the bathroom her head hit the side of the door frame! It wasn't very hard I don't think, but it was enough to make her cry. :( I am STILL thinking about it. Please no rude comments!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh, dont worry, it happens to all of us. some of us drop our babies, some of us smack their heads. its not done on purpose so dont worry.
    Anonymous

• it will be ok...thing happen and it was an accidents...they will have many many boo boos in life...it will be ok mom...
    Anonymous

• She'll bang her head more times and harder when she starts crawling and walking! I've banged my daughter's head on the car door frame when getting her out of the car seat. She gave me this pout that I'll never forget. As mothers, we live and learn just like our children. :-D
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My daughter was in a johnny jump up having a blast when she got a little carried away with the jumping and whacked the side of her head. Things happen. This will be the first among many scratches and bruises.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i've bumped my sons head trying to put him in his crib when he was asleep, it must have not been too hard he didn't wake up. but yeah accidents happen...
    Anonymous

• I know how horrible that is, sorry, but once i was holding my daughter up and i tried to put her down and she slipped and hit her head on the coffee table.. REALLY HARD, like big egg on her forehead and she cried for so long and i felt so horrible... I felt so bad i gave her a taste of ice cream that night.. but long story short is that things happen... there are going to be so many more owwies and bumps whether you add to them or not.. don't worry about it, your a good momma and the babies are more fragile then they look
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Thank you all! I know she'll hurt herself much much more as she grows and becomes more mobile. It's just that this time was Mama's fault. I felt terrible! Thank you again tho...I already feel much better. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• lmfao....it will happen a million times....i've poked my baby in the eye with a spoon of baby food, scratched him with my nails, bumped his head on the car and door frames, and dozens of other little things on accident....and this is my second one! i alwayus feel horrible, but he only seems to cry for a minute and then forgets all about it and loves mommy more than ever...lol...welcome to motherhood, consider it part of the hazing!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think we have all done something like that. It's just part of motherhood, like the others have said.
    Poor mommy and poor baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yup, just this evening, going out to dinner I was getting my DD outta the car and bumped her head on the ceiling...she just kinda looked at me with her mouth open, it was kinda cute. Course know that shes started to pull up on things and cruise, she will let go sometimes and end up falling straight back and hit her head, I can usually her the thud, then she screams, but once I pick her up and hold her a minute, she's just fine.
    Angyll24

Answer by Angyll24 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009