My cervix is dilated but its not??????

The dr told me my cervix is dilated on the outer part, but is closed on the innner part. What does this mean? Has this happened to anyone elce? How long does it usually take for the inner part to dilate as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol don't worry its normal.. i don't know how long it takes the inner to dilate but it does happen so don't worry.. you'll be ready when your ready.. don't rush it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• its normal but the dialation process is different for everyone. some people can start to dialate months before labor. I was dialated at 1 cen for about a month and a half but once I got past one it was within a week that I gave birth.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

mommy2Jayden21

• I dont know why the doc would have even bothered to tell you that your outer oz was dilated because it means absolutely nothing at all!! Your cervix is about 5cm long and has two openings, one to the vagina and one to the uterus. As you efface, the cervix thins out until the two holes basically meet each other. The outer oz being dilated means nothing and if this is your second kid there is a good chance it never shut after the first.

As for how long it takes for the inner oz to dilate... some people start dilating months before their due date but others dont start til they are acually in labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009