How do I...

Get rid of a mouse in my house? I have glue traps set, poison baits placed where I've seen the little stinker hide, and so far, nothing works. Getting a cat is NOT an option! HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Get a live trap, put in peanut butter and chocolate (they love chocolate!)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We use peanut butter on a mouse trap. Has worked for us in the past. Maybe give that a try?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• OP here~
    We did the peanut butter in the trap, but no luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• More traps. We had one for a while that we couldn't catch. BUT, are you sure it's just one? Usually for every one you see, there's 10 you don't - fortunately for us we knew it was just 1. We've been catching scads of them in our back entry though (exterior of the house, they can't get in except through the door if someone leaves it open). Those little suckers are smart, and once you "give up" on catching it, you'll have it. But more traps, go about your day like normal, keep all of the traps loaded with goodies (stick a little something in the middle of the sticky traps too - it's how we caught ours), and don't try to chase it down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2009