How can i get my son to eat his veggies?

my son is 16 months, and he will not eat his veggies! I have even tried to puree them and he still wont eat them! Ant ideas??

CMAmomma

Asked by CMAmomma at 12:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried to hide them in other foods he likes? For example, puree coliflower and mix it into scrambled eggs, or puree green beans or peas and mix a small amount into chocolate pudding( I know, doesn't sound appetizing, but it works with my son) . If you can, go to your local library and check out the book Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. She's married to Jerry Seinfeld. I got alot of good ideas from the book. What's more, my son is living with high functioning autism, and is hypersensitive to certain smells, tastes and textures, and the book really helped me! Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 12:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• pp is dead on, hide them in stuff, or try the new harvest surprise juice line from juicey juice, veggies and fruit juice and tastes awesome.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I put veggies in my sons smoothie at lunch time. It has apple juice, banana, yogurt, and whatever veggie I feel like throwing in there. He loves it!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Does he see you eat your veggies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If my son won't eat something I ask for a bite. He will normally give me 1 and only one bite and then gobble down the rest, make sure you tell him how great it tastes. My son is very posesive over his food, so it's how I get him ot eat. Hidding veggies is also a great trick. mash califlower and potatoes together. put carots or beets into muffins. there are so many ideas. good luck!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 2:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Good answers by all! Make cool shapes and funny faces on his plate with them!
    gabysmama

Answer by gabysmama at 3:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009