Weaning....

Ok so I have to stop breastfeeding (personal reasons) I'm just looking for some tips on weaning my baby off breast milk. Right now I'm giving him 2 oz of formula and then letting him have a little breast milk is that a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just cut out one feeding a day for a few days and then cut out another and so on. Your supply will gradually go down.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• suppliment one feeding a day with formula for about a week or untill your baby is used to it, then introduce two feeding with formula and so on.
    jaimielyn2001

Answer by jaimielyn2001 at 4:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Replace one feeding per week with formula until done.

On a different note, if you would like to continue nursing, and need help, feel free to ask for help. (Not bashing, just offering help in case no one else did)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• my son wouldnt wean off of the breast at all...i had to completely stop breast feeding. he wouldnt eat otherwise...i put the smallest amount of baby food (banana) on the nipple of the bottle and handed him off to his father so that he wouldnt smell me...i also put one baby spoonful of banana in the formula to keep him interested in the formula...after two or three days i no longer had to use the baby food to entice him to eat from a bottle. your breasts will be severly painful for a few days but after that, your milk will completely stop coming in. my breasts also drenched my shirt the first day and then just my bra for several days after that.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 10:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You're doing fine. One feeding gone per week.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009