i want to be back

I want to be back with God on a daily basis but I'm kinda at a loss of where to start-I'm so deluged with many problems that I feel i CANT SEE MY HEAD ABOVE WATER.

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I understand! Like you, I feel like so much of my time is spent treading water, and I don't have enough energy left to swim to shore. I have been working at praying to God for what I need, talking to him about my hopes and fears and asking him to guide me in my life. Sometimes praying something like, "God, I know I am not where I need to be, but I have no idea how to get to You............so please show me the way. Open my heart to Your will and pour Your love and grace onto my life." is a wonderful way to start!
    I have also found that listening to Christian music is also very soothing and is a great tool to keep my eyes on Him through the day. I like the contemporary Christian music........and we have a great station where I live. I bet you have one where you are, too! Trust in Him...........take baby steps if you need to because God will meet you where you are.

Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 8:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I think you posted this twice, and I answered on the other. But what I wanted to say was if you just needed some one to talk to I am available. I have had many times in the past 4 years where I felt like I was drowning in my circumstances too. But I know one thing God loves us, and I would be honored to just be a friend. Without preaching, without judgement, and I will only give advice when you ask. Pm me if you'd like.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009