i want to be back

I want to be back with God on a daily basis but I'm kinda at a loss of where to start-I'm so deluged with many problems that I feel i CANT SEE MY HEAD ABOVE WATER.What can I do-where can i start?

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God wants you back but don't be surprised if you don't feel it right away. Feelings aren't very reliable. O.K. now what people don't understand a lot of time is this is about a relationship. So if you felt you had drifted away from someone and you weren't sure why. What would you do? You would go to that person and talk to them. So go to God, just talk to Him. Tell Him what you have just told us. Then ask Him to show you if you have sin, or if you have just neglected to spend time with Him, with His word. Don't worry about fancy words or even saying it right. Then listen with your heart and spirit, for any prompting or even thoughts that God may speak to you through, and as AnnaMac said get back to reading the Bible, the Psalms always helps me, go to a good church and maybe seek counsel from their pastor or leadership. But be open, be honest with yourself and God. I will pray for you!

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Get back to the basics. Pray on a daily basis, read your scriptures as often as possible, and attend church on a regular basis.
    The best thing you can do to immeadiately feel closer to God is charity. Give to others, volunteer, and be kind.
    Good Luck!
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:04 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm wondering....have you ever asked God for the Holy Spirit?

In Luke 11:13 we see that the Father gives the gift of the Holy Spirit to those who ask. Luke 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.....

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Remember, Jesus says "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him..." Here is another passage that tells us that God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey him.

The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead---whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." Acts 5:30-32

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Pray. A simple conversation with your God who loves you. Don't stop to think about how you should say it or to recite a memorized prayer- just talk. Tell Him your worries, tell Him why you are drowning and ask for the help you need. Let your heart cry out to HIm as though you were in His arms and crying on His shoulder and if you let yourself listen I think you will begin to hear and see the answers He will give you. Just like with a relationship with another person when there is an interruption or change in the relationship communication has to be re-opened first and then the rest begins to follow naturally.

lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Id recommend taking 5-10 mins every morning and just meditate. Focus on your breathing and calm yourself down, destress a bit before you start each day.

That will get you in tune with yourself, your spirituality, and your needs for that day and getting through them less stressed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• First, realize that God loves you. That is the place to start. God says He never leaves us or forsakes us. If we feel alone, it is because WE moved, God is still where He was when YOU moved! And He is still there with His Hand stretched out to you. In the story of the Prodigal Son, the dad was standing on the porch looking for his son. The story says that the dad saw his son, "when he was still a long way off." Then he sent for his servants to bring ring, robe, and start a feast for the lost son. God is doing this for you. Read God's Word daily. Start with the New Testament and read carefully, thoughtfully. Meditate on God's Word, and He will speak to your heart.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 4:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Get a copy of The Imitation of Christ - it's small and full of prayers, scriptures and meditation. Just start anywhere - desire is enough.
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 6:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009