Please Help

My husband and I have been married almost a year now together 2. We have an 8 month old daughter(yeah we did everything a little backwards). Well he is in the army and were about to move to our first duty station. Well he has been wanting to have another baby and I frankly don't. I want to finish school and possibly get a job on top of that. Another baby would throw my plans way out of wack. I may sound selfish seeing is were financially fine. Am I being ridiculous because every time I tell my husband no it turn's into a fight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• a marriage is all about comprimise, he told you he wants one now, you want one after you finish school, make a comprimise somehow. Work with eachother to find a solution, try not to fight. You both have the right to want what you want but neither of you can fault the other for doing the same. I am goign through the same thing with my husband at the moment. I want one now and he wants one in 2 years, so we are not going to try but just let things happen and if it happens right away or in 2 years that what it is meant to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You are NOT being ridiculous. Let's be blunt...military marriages are not known for their security. And since you haven't finished school, you're a YOUNG couple in a military marriage.

Do yourself a favor...get yourself in a position to be able to support yourself should anything happen to him. He's in the Army...that means death is his business. Put it to him this way: You want to get yourself set so that you and your children are secure if something should happen to him.

And if you're as young as I suspect you are...you have TONS of time to have more children, biologically speaking.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009