my 8 months old son has a lil cold & a runny nose ?

want can i do about it plz help me mom"s ?

mommy_of_jacob1

Asked by mommy_of_jacob1 at 2:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 4mo old also has a cold. I daresay he got it from me, because I had symptoms first! The ped said the best thing I can do is continue breastfeeding so he can get the antibodies to help fight it off. I also take the suction bulb and gently suck out his nose to help break up the mucus from his sinuses. Make sure your little one doesn't have a fever, because that would warrant a visit to the doc.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 2:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Not much you can do but let it runs it's course. If he's congested at all, a humidifier will help with that. You can try suctioning his nose with the bulb syringe to clear it out but most babies hate that. You can't give a baby cold medicine so other than Tylenol or Motrin you don't really have many options. Hope he feels better soon.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• go to a health store and pick up some Hepar Sulph. Its an all natural homeopathic remedy
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009