anyone ever have a tick ???

anyone ever have a tick ???
My son had one on his head. It had managed to bury itself pretty good. When his dad tried to remove it, it broke off and it looks like some is still embedded in his head :( Has this happened 2 anyone and if so now what ??? I am bringin' him to drs in the am but was just wonderin' what I might expect.

luvmybabyblues

Asked by luvmybabyblues at 2:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Put some rubbing alcohol on his head this will help draw the ticks head out. Most of the time there is not need to worry about this. I have had hundreds of ticks on my in my lifetime as well as my son has. The doctor can burn it off at the doctors office., no need to panic the child will be fine. Good luck
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• For next time when you find a tick on your child, light a match, then blow it out, but before it totally cools off touch the match's tip to the tick's butt and watch it back right out of your child's skin real quick. Then you can just scrap it off and crush the little blood sucker.

If the match trick doesn't work, or you don't want to use that method, a bit of cottonball rubbed counter-clockwise will sometimes "unscrew" the tick from where it's buried it's head into the body. The tick also gets stuck in the cottonball and you can just crush it and toss it.

good luck in the AM; hope your LO is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2009