anyone ever have a tick ???

anyone ever have a tick ???
My son had one on his head. It had managed to bury itself pretty good. When his dad tried to remove it, it broke off and it looks like some is still embedded in his head :( Has this happened 2 anyone and if so now what ??? I am bringin' him to drs in the am but was just wonderin' what I might expect.

luvmybabyblues

Asked by luvmybabyblues at 2:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son got one stuck in his head and DH had to cut it out. He didnt cry, it was just under the skin a little and we couldn't get it all the way out.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It could possibly get infected or it could heal just fine on it's own. I'm paranoid about ticks only because when my dad didn't get a tick all the way out it got infected real bad so every time my kids have had a tick I've taken them to the hospital to have it removed. I know I'm being too dramatic but my dad's infection was very bad. I've had ticks where I wasn't sure if I got it all out and was fine but when it comes to my kids my brain kicks into overdrive and I'm compelled to be a bit over protective when it comes to stuff like that.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Next time that happens pour rubbing alcohol or aftershave on the tick it will pull its head out of the kids and then grab it before it gets away.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• What you needed to do was light a match, let it burn for a second and then blow it out. Then touch the tick with the match and it should slowly back out. I had a tick dig into my chest when I was a kid and that's how my dad did it. It's not good to have half of it stuck in...I'd go to the docotr for sure.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I heard to put petroleum jelly on them they will come out.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 4:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2009