Evolution?

A friend of mine had made a comment on FB announcing it was the 150th anniversary of the publication of Darwin's "Origin of Species" today. He got attacked for it... Why is it such a big deal? One person said that "it made people feel intelligent for denying their creator". Ok, so i don't believe there is a god but how can people who do deny the scientific evidence of evolution?? Can someone please give me an INTELLIGENT answer?

muensters_ma

Asked by muensters_ma at 3:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Seems like you are trying to start drama. Why does it matter? You have your beliefs, what good does it do to bash others for theirs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Anon :43, you just asked her the same question she asked you. Good job, Sparky! OP, the reason people bashed him is because he brought up a subject that goes against their beliefs and like you said, they can't explain away the scientific evidence so they choose to ignore it and start drama to turn people's attention away from the evidence. I feel a belief in God is fine but when you have scientific evidence of something right in front of your face, it's time to stop giving God credit for it. If it can be explained by science, then it's obvious that God didn't do it.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Even Darwin Believed in God. It's the people that believe in the literal translation of the Bible that have problems. IMHO They are very small minded. Christians that think, believe in Creator assisted evolution. They go hand in hand, there really isn't any proof that that they don't co-exist.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I really don't understand why people feel that evolution is 'anti-God.' Evolution theory has NOTHING to say about a 'first cause' of life. It simply puts forth an explanation of how and why organisms change over time. I don't understand how someone can say that evolution does not take place when we can see evolution take place among the earth's simpler organisms... for instance the shift and drift of flu viruses based on random mutation. That is the stuff of evolution, and we can actually see and document it. I really don't see how the fact that flu viruses change genetically is something that can be denied- and that is evolution, plain and simple.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Christians denied it for a long time, but once logic got the better of them they started to make up ways that it still fit into the bible stories (like the creation period WAS evolution and things like that) ... you know whatever works at the time for the sake of thier own argument, as usual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The majority of people who deny evolution exists say there's no proof of it. Whatever. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• www.creationevidences.org   Maybe this will show you why people get irritated at Darwin and his pathetic attempt to dislodge God from His proper place in our lives. Darwin was frightened of an omnipotent God. That is very sad. Also, read the book, "Creation's Tiny Mystery" by Robert V. Gentry. Fascinating reading. It amazes me that one can look at evolution and believe it even though the holes it has in it you can drive a Mac truck through! It takes MORE faith to believe evolution than in God. I don't have that much faith.  Evolution says we all came from rocks in the very beginning. I believe God made us from dust and His Own Breath of Life. 

singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 4:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• "It amazes me that one can look at evolution Christianity and believe it even though the holes it has in it you can drive a Mac truck through!"

There ya go, I fixed that for ya.

Works both ways.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• "Evolution says we all came from rocks in the very beginning.
    No it doesn't.

"I believe God made us from dust and His Own Breath of Life."
    Do you realize what you just said? You just basically lied and said evolution says we came from rocks. Now you're saying that YOU believe that we came from dust?

Rocks become dust eventually.
    And please point me to where evolution EVER thought we came from rocks. Rocks are not biological matter. That's silly. Duh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Darwin himself questioned his theory before his death. Also in order for his theory to be correct there would have to be thousands of differant evolved fossils over a short amount of time and fossils have shown that they are very closely resemble those of today.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009